I have a fun tutorial for you today. If you are stopping over from Paper Crafts Connection, you already know what it is about. If not, I'm going to show you how to easily make these tissue paper flowers using a spiral flower craft die.
1) Start by folding tissue paper in a square or rectangle that fits die (don't worry about precise folding, just make sure you have multiple layers of paper to cut through). The more tissue paper you can cut, the more layers your flowers will have. I usually play around with it until I have a thickness that I like that will cut on my machine.
2) Cut out flower and remove all layers (together as one piece).
3) Using a pair pf pinching tweezers to hold the end together roll the flower.
4) For a smaller bud add glue while tweezers are still holding the flower in a tight spiral.
5) For a larger, more open bloom remove tweezers and allow flower to unwind naturally before adding glue to base of flower.
6) Be sure to add a drop of glue to each layer of tissue at the base of the flower. Tip: Hot glue holds well and dries quickly;)
Well, that is it! Super simple. Add your flowers to a card or use them as a package topper and you have an excellent spring embellishment!
Products used to create flowers: