Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday Wisdom: MLK Jr.

Remember when I used to post a bit of admirable wisdom every Wednesday?... you know... great quotes... poems... excepts from literature?  What happened to that?  I think those were the days when I scrapbooked more, as I always use great quotes (or what I consider to be life's wisdom) on my pages.  I'm a big believer that as we are all put on this earth to learn from each other... so quotes are something that I always try to incorporate in the pages and artwork that I create for my children.

Ah... life. How busy we get. Anyway. Here are a few of my favorites from an honorable man that we celebrate this week, Martin Luther King, Jr.

Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.


Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.


At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love.


I am not interested in power for power's sake, but I'm interested in power that is moral, that is right and that is good.


I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.


Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'



Take care & happy Wednesday!




Source Brainy Quote.

2 comments:

snowbear said...

Fabulous job with the flowers as well as the entire project!

Josie said...

What a great way to make your own flowers. This will be a great die for doing so. I love your work and this is absolutely stunning.