Friday, February 05, 2010

Reasons for Mail... Reconnect with a Friend from the Past

Happy Friday all! Thanks for stopping by... if you are new to my Friday posts, I'll give you a little background on what I'm trying to do... long story short, at the start of the new year, I decided to send or give a handmade card out every week and I invite you to stop by for some inspiration that might spur you to do the same... if you want to read more, you can click here. Today my reason for mail is to reconnect with someone from my past that I haven't talked to in quite some time...


... I'm going to send this one to my old college roommate. I think of her often, but hardly talk to her anymore as we are now separated by new lives and thousands of miles.  I think its time for me to reconnect.

To Create this Card:
1) cut card from cardstock
2) cut patterned paper slightly smaller than card and adhere to card
3) punch kraft strip, adhere dot ribbon and adhere to card
4) stamp image and sentiment on cardstock
5) adhere stamped images to brown cardstock mat
6) tie bow and adhere to card

Products Used:
patterned paper: Golden Beads from Andrea Victoria Collection by My Mind's Eye
cardstock: French Vanilla by Bazzill Basics Paper and Kraft by Paper Reflections
ribbon: 5/8 in brown grosgrain dot
clear stamps: Let's Reconnect by Renaissance by Design
ink: Burnt Umber Hybrid by Palette
border punch: EK Success

Anyone you've entertained the idea of reconnecting with? Make this the weekend to do it;) Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

great card and great idea to send them out weekly!!

Rebekah Williams said...

Hey Windy!

I can always come here for my daily dose of WOW!

Unknown said...

I just caught up on all of your posts... oh my goodness... they are amazing as usual! You truly make the most beautiful cards. I love your STP layout as well!

Mel said...

Oh what a great idea, reminds me of the movie, Pay it Forward, I think this is a great way to reconnect, I will check out the site, thankyou.