Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom- Value It Because You Love it

Hi all! Just a few more days and I should be back to my usual crafting schedule... Orientation is Sunday & I almost have everything ready for it, so If all goes well... you may get more than just cards next week:)
  
Anyway, I ran into a little wisdom I thought I'd share. I love to put (what I call) "wisdom" on my scrapbook pages, especially the ones I create for the girls.  The wisdom is usually not my own, but great quotes... parts of books... lines from movies-- all messages I find true or wise that I want to pass on. Often times, I find it in their story books or favorite movies.

Today's Wednesday Wisdom is brought to you by the movie Bridge to Terabithia (2007): 

Leslie says (speaking about the Bible), "You have to believe it and you hate it. I don't have to believe it and I think it is beautiful."

I can't explain why I love this quote... I think its because I have seen so many people forced to believe in something (be it the Bible, a marriage, or what not because it is "the right thing" to do) that their belief becomes routine and jaded... lacking in love and beauty. I keep this quote in my heart as a reminder that as I teach my children, I need to guide them to find the wonder and beauty in ALL things and in life.

And that leads to another line from the movie that makes me go hmmm... this one comes from Teddy Roosevelt via Leslie's dad: 

"You know, the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. That's Teddy Roosevelt that said that, not me."

Find the love in your life, work hard at it & have a great Wednesday!
Products: patterned paper (American Crafts, BoBunny), lace (Prima), scrap ribbon, crown (Melissa Francis), glitter (Doodlebug); font (CKBecky)

1 comment:

Destiny said...

I needed these quotes today. Thanks!! Love the card, too, btw. Looking forward to the resulting manic crafting that will likely ensue next week. :)