Sunday, July 26, 2009

Event Alert 4 Cincy Papercrafters

Just wanted to alert anyone near the Cincinnati area of a great event that is not to be missed if you like papercrafts. It's Stamp-A-Way USA and its coming up August 7 & 8th, 2009 to the Sharonville Convention Center

Ok, so you say you are not a stamper? Well... last year at this time I was 100% scrapbooker, and only touched patterned paper and ribbon:) I had a lot of clear stamps (in storage) and decided to go fun the fun of it-- to see if I could find any new gizmos and tools to add to my collection (I was not the least bit interested in the stamps). Well, let me tell you... it was awesome! If you're a shopper... you'll love this show. And without taking any classes, I came away with so many new ideas just from all of the demos that were going on... boy do those stampers know how to demo! Did you know that you can buy rubber stamps unmounted and use them on your acrylic blocks (yes, I know many of you are saying duh! but I had no idea... I always thought it was either  acrylic or bulky mounted blocky rubber stamps)?  I also learned about so many awesome (smaller) companies that make some of the best and most beautiful glitter and embossing powders around. Most of us mainstreamed, brainwashed scrapbookers only think of Doodlebug's 12 colors when we think glitter;)

Be sure to stop back tomorrow for Card and Page Monday... sweet dreams:)
Windy


No comments: