Monday, July 27, 2009

Card and Page Monday with BoBunny's Alissa

Good Monday All!

Here is the card and page (plus a little bonus) that I'd like to share with you this week. I tackled BoBunny's Alissa Collection for this week's post. If you live in Cincy, you can pick this stuff up at Scrap, Paper, Scissors. Its a fun collection, very girly (love the bits of black- very stylish).

To make this card with the ever so popular vintage, distressed flowers that are just popping up everywhere now:
  • cut 6 circles, each a bit smaller than the next. You can use a circle cutting system or just hand cut them--since you will be distressing the edges, they don't have to be perfect.
  • distress, tear and sand edges. Crumple paper, yeap... just wad it up as much as you can.
  • flatten circles back out, adhere it all together (I punched a flower with my center circle, but it looks just as nice if left as a circle).
  • Add paper strip and rub on or stamped sentiment. 
  • Add pearls and adhere flower to card.

I had a blast scrapping this photo. The journaling reads: "The bigger the smile. The BIGGER the trouble. June 2009" Yes, as you can surmise... I left her for just a minute while I took a phone call and boy... did she have fun:)

Lastly, just a little something to use up some of the scraps. I used Fiskars Threading Water border punch to make the roof shingles and found this cute little bird house at JoAnns for $1-- I figured that it was quite the deal. Campbell has already swiped it for her room.

Thanks for stopping by-- may peace be with you all this week!
Windy

1 comment:

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, all of these projects are gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration.