Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
- To see a brilliant use of all of those paper flowers that you have laying around click here.
- For the best use of patterns and glimmer mist, click over to Anabelle O'Malley's blog here.
- Don't want to make them? Just want to buy them to incorporate in your projects? Click here-- this place has awesome paper roses (all sizes and even a few other varieties) at super affordable prices.
- I'll leave you with one final click here to check out a pro who makes roses out of coffee filters-- yes, you read that right... coffee filters, you'd never guess it- they are unbelievable!
Monday, July 27, 2009
- cut 6 circles, each a bit smaller than the next. You can use a circle cutting system or just hand cut them--since you will be distressing the edges, they don't have to be perfect.
- distress, tear and sand edges. Crumple paper, yeap... just wad it up as much as you can.
- flatten circles back out, adhere it all together (I punched a flower with my center circle, but it looks just as nice if left as a circle).
- Add paper strip and rub on or stamped sentiment.
- Add pearls and adhere flower to card.
I had a blast scrapping this photo. The journaling reads: "The bigger the smile. The BIGGER the trouble. June 2009" Yes, as you can surmise... I left her for just a minute while I took a phone call and boy... did she have fun:)
Lastly, just a little something to use up some of the scraps. I used Fiskars Threading Water border punch to make the roof shingles and found this cute little bird house at JoAnns for $1-- I figured that it was quite the deal. Campbell has already swiped it for her room.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
I just love the new Basic Grey Lemonade collection-- as soon as I saw it, I knew it was right up our alley-- ALL GIRL! Here is a card and page using a few of my favorites from the collection.
Journaling reads: Having a sister is like having a friend you can't get rid of.
You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. - Amy Li
Lake Isabella August 2008
I'll leave you with a couple of favorite quotes in case you've got a sister layout on your to do list this week;)
A sister is one of the nicest things that can happen to anyone. - Author Unknown
A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. - Marion Garrety
Saturday, July 18, 2009
As the primary purchasers for our households ladies, we often determine the type of lifestyle our families have and how we educate them when it comes to consumption. So "go green girl" and start making this place a bit more peaceful and sustainable for our children.