Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom - "funny... but NOT funny"

Journaling: Is there really anything that I can say about this? Well... ok... yes, my daughter is obsessed with lotion. And yes, she can open anything. She is also happiest when she is breaking the rules.

I believe the quote "funny... but not funny" from a Steve Martin movie, I can't quite recall what one, but I know it involved parenting. A colleague of mine shared that quote with me after hearing some 2 1/2 year old Campbell stories-- she would love to do something mischievous and then say (in her cutest little voice while wearing a devilish little smile) "funny. funny! funny?" What she did usually was pretty funny, but... "NOT funny!" my husband and I would answer back while trying to keep a straight face. So leading up to this Mother's Day weekend, I thought I'd share some humorous quotes about parenting, because as serious as it is... it really is often quite funny.  

Parenthood: The state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage. — Marcelene Cox

When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much he had learned in 7 years.  Mark Twain

Mother Nature is wonderful. She gives us twelve years to develop a love for our children before turning them into teenagers. — Eugene Bertin

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children, and no theories.  John Wilmot


The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable. Lane Olinghouse 


When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out.  Erma Bombeck 


Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids. Sam Levenson 

Keep Smiling!
Windy
Products: patterned paper (American Crafts, Basic Grey, daisy d's), rub-ons (Cosmo Cricket), dimensional stickers (Adornit), decorative edge (Making Memories), pen (American Crafts), misc (buttons, floss), sketch (Pencil Lines Sketch 133)

No comments: