Friday, April 10, 2009

What's on My Mind

Here is my creation for Page Maps What's on "My Mind's Eye" challenge. I just happened to decide to work on this challenge while I was watching the last episode of ER last week, so I was taking a little stroll down memory lane.


Products: patterned paper (Jenni Bowlin, Basic Grey, American Crafts); cardstock (Archivers); font (2 Peas scrapbook); ribbon (American Crafts); punch (EK Success); chipboard (Technique Tuesday); other (staples).
Journaling: Tonight the last episode of ER aired, and when Brian mentioned that it had been on for 15 years-- it sent me into a state of reflection. Normally I'm a forward thinker, or I try to keep focused on what is presently happening, but tonight I put a TV show to bed that I saw the birth of 15 years ago. I was just 17 when it first aired and as I sit here 15 years later watching the last show, it makes me think about how my life has wildly changed.
In college my friends and I were ER junkies (that's what happens when you have so many ned students as friends). I can remember that we would rush back from basketball practice, freshly showered with dripping wet hair. Sporting our best sweats...we'd pig out on some kind of cake, brownie or cookies (of the joy of being able to eat like that after a 2 hour workout) and watch our show religiously. Times have changed, there are no more two hour workouts and cake eating parties. I'm lucky I can squeeze in an hour show.
In grad school ER night usually consisted of some form of alcoholic beverage, pizza or one of my friend's famous feast nights--beer, wine and cosmos were always involved!
After that, (Pre-kids) ER night was just ma and my hubby snuggling on the couch (oh the days that we could sit in a chair and not have 1 to 2 kids sitting on out laps:)
I admit that I probably missed the past 7 years or so of the show-- when Carter left, so did I (or was it that I started having kids??). Anyway, watching the show tonight made me realize how much things have changed in my life in just 15 years. No more beer and late night pizza for me. Instead it is dinner around 6, kids in bed by 8, husband to bed early too, and Mommy usually up late scrapping. Wow have things changed. I have two kids-- TWO KIDS!!@%&&??- a husband, a house, two kids (I'm still amazed about that one)-- yes I'm really grown up. And to think that I'd be spending as much money on scrapbook supplies as I used to spend at the bar--never in my wildest dreams.

1 comment:

Denise said...

GREAT journaling, thanks for posting it (I'm a journaling junkie...I HAVE to read it...came here from SIStv to see if you posted it!) LOL...

I quit watching ER after the pregnant woman died. Not too far into it, I think. That one bothered me for WEEKS. I still prefer sitcoms to drama shows!