Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Sweet Gift for Friend

So here is one last gift idea for Mother's Day. This is a little gift that you may want to give to the mom in your life that helps you out and makes your life a little easier (or happier). Perhaps she is mom that you carpool with or a neighbor who checks on your house while you are on vacation.  Just a little thank you for a women who is already busy enough, but finds the time to help you out too.

Weekend Gift Idea: Something sweet for a friend

Anyone save your empty pasta sauce jars-- you know the ones that look like the old Ball Mason jars? I do, I can't get enough of them. I mostly use them to store scrap ribbon, but I had a few extras and thought this would be a good way to repurpose them.  For this gift all you need to do is share your favorite recipe for bread, cookies, coffeecake, etc. Print the recipe on cardstock, use stamps and patterned paper to pretty it up. Add some coordinating embellishments to your old jar-- here I used a wide band of paper, a ribbon, and a a butterfly stamp cut out and mounted on a scalloped punched circle.  To finish it off, simply fill the jar with the dry ingredients from your recipe. Add a thank you card or note & you are all set.

Now I'm off to fill my jar with the dry ingredients to my family's favorite zucchini bread. I think I'll give it to my friend who sometimes pick's Campbell up for school...or perhaps the the mom that delivers our mail... maybe I'll just put together a few more;)
Windy

Products: patterned paper (Basic Grey), cardstock (Archivers), punch (Fiskars, Marvy), rhinestones (Kaiser Scrapbooks).

No comments: