Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another Card Night!

Ok, so I got sucked into another card night (which is why it is nearly 2:00 AM and I am wide awake). This one was a fun one though because I was listening to Christmas music making cards for Paper Crafts Magazine's holiday call. It's a good thing that Campbell didn't wake up and hear the Christmas music because it would mean 3 more months of holiday music for me (once that girl gets started, its hard to get her to stop--but who can resist the wonderful sound of a 4 year old singing "Its the most wonderful time of the ear.")

I have some good news to share-- a card that I showed you last weekend was picked as a winner of the Stamp It! Week Challenge on the Paper Craft Connections blog site. You can check it out here.  I was really surprised (and delighted) when I saw it posted there-- thank you Paper Crafts Connection!

Anyway, tonight's post has a couple of cards (yes I plan to get back to scrapbooking this week-- I've got a great pink layout waiting for me to put together as we speak). 

This card was another entry for Scrap-N-Style's Spring Green challenge (and the inspiration for the pink page that I plan to scrap this week). It strictly interprets the theme by the feeling that I get when I think of spring with a splash of green, since in southern Ohio Spring only starts with a splash of green if you are lucky. To note: If you are looking for a quick and easy card to make, find a great piece of patterned paper, cut it to the size of your card, simply add glitter, a few embllishments, a sentiment and ribbon. 


My best scrapping girlfriend Anita and I headed down to Louisville this weekend to Creating Keepsake's Convention. At these things they always have card and layout contests. This is something I created for Paper Craft Magazine's card contest-- the challenge was to make a birthday card for them since they are celebrating their 5th birthday this year. 

Well I think the hour has finally hit me and I may be ready to head to bed. I've been fortunate to have had a productive and fun weekend, I hope you all have had the same.

Take care all!!! Thanks for stopping by;)

Products: patterned paper (GCD Studios), cardstock (Archivers), ribbon (American Crafts, Michael's Stores Inc), ink (Colorbox, Technique Tuesday), glitter (Doodlebug), stamps  (Anna Griffin, Fancy Pants Designs, Technique Tuesday), embossing powder (Ranger), journaling box (7 gypsies).